Saturday, December 15, 2007

Claypot Laksa, Market Street

I've never heard of Claypot Laksa before. It sounded rather weird to me, but that was because what I had in mind was the asam laksa kind. Anyway, this outlet on Market Street (near Lau Pa Sat) was jam-packed with people. We had to queue to order, but the line moved quite fast so that wasn't too bad.

I'm not a huge curry laksa fan; since the thought of all the 'santan' (coconut milk) inside is quite enough to make me shudder. Now this version had A LOT of coconut milk; talk about a heart attack in a claypot! Definitely waaaay too rich to be eaten often.

Having said all that, the Claypot Laksa was actually quite nice. Might have just been the novelty of eating laksa out of a claypot! :p

Thick and creamy Claypot Laksa

If you ever want to try it out, here's the address:
Raku Ninja Tasty House
146, Market Street

1 comment:

harrylee said...

finally an address!!! well done, hsiao ley.