Saturday, December 15, 2007

Chinese & Japanese Gardens, Singapore

When I mentioned that I was keen on visiting the Chinese Garden & Japanese Gardens, everyone pretty much gave me the same incredulous look.

"Aiyah, Chinese Gardens nothing to see one, Botanical Gardens much better!"

Guess what? I went anyway.

After all the feedback I heard about the place, it was certainly difficult to have anything but the lowest of expectations, heh. My experience there really wasn't that bad though, and I had quite a lot of fun walking around on my own, taking photos and chuckling at the numerous groups of foreign workers striking poses for their cameras. It was quite funny to see them!

The Twin Pagoda

Fishes Paradise


Bonsai Garden

I didn't think much of the Japanese Gardens (maybe because it was getting too hot to walk out in the open); I thought the Chinese Gardens had a lot more to offer. The highlight of my visit there was the Live Turtle & Tortoise Museum- more details in my next post! :)

No comments: