Friday, May 18, 2007

American Idol Shocker!

I watched in horror as Melinda Doolittle got eliminated when it was down to the last three. I never expected her not to make it to the finals. After all, she has been the most consistent contestant this entire season, and even the usually grouchy and critical Simon Cowell showers her with encouraging comments after her performances (all except one, I think).

Losing a place in the finals to Blake is a terrible injustice. How can all that annoying 'eh-eh-eh' thing be called singing?!? His vocal range isn't great, and all that stuff he adds to his songs sound so fake, cold and soulless.

This is what happens when common sense does not prevail in the search for talent. All the mobile-toting teenage girls drooling over how cute Blake is cannot be expected to think, can they?

Oh, wait a minute- is American Idol still a search for talent? Maybe it never was, and if this season is anything to go by, I doubt it will ever be.

2 comments:

Mark said...

I never followed any of the Idol incarnation. However, what I can say is that AF is a bane to fans of English football. I couldn't watch the FA Cup Final as my sis got to Astro 1st for AF5 Final concert. I am sure many guys felt it too since from what I gathered from friends, mamak restaurants & such outlets screening the match was full. However, since the Gunners were not playing, I didn't bother to go. :(

Unknown said...

my godness, that guy is in? how can he be??? he got bad comments fr all judges wo...