Tuesday, December 29, 2015

US & UK Trip (Day 6): New York - Central Park and The Met

I moved to the JW Marriott Essex House across town, as work was about to start. It was right next to Central Park- and of course- I went there next. The weather that day was absolutely gorgeous. Bear in mind this was December! The sun was out, the sky was blue- and people were making the most of it with a day out in the park. 

Central Park is so beautiful, and an iconic New York landmark as well, having been featured in countless movies. I had a lovely walk in the park, heading towards The Met.


Watching the families hanging out made me wistful...



Bethesda Fountain

Next up was The Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met), which sits on the eastern edge of Central Park. If I had done more research on this place, I would have realised how HUGE and interesting it was, and left more time to spend here. I thought it was an 'art museum'- but really it was more like the British Museum in London. Arrghhh- kicking myself again!!






Temple of Dendur


Looking out into Central Park



Temple of Dendur at night

No comments: