Tuesday, December 29, 2015

US & UK Trip (Day 5): New York - Lower Manhattan, Brooklyn, Top of the Rock and Holiday Lights

I started the day bright and early with a ride on the Staten Island Ferry to catch (free) views of the Statue of Liberty. It was a lovely day, and the ride was a pleasant one. Once I reached the island, I just got down and hopped right back up again for a ride back to Manhattan. Easy- and more importantly, free!





The iconic Charging Bull

I then joined another walking tour by Free Tours on Foot- this time covering Brooklyn Bridge, Brooklyn Heights and DUMBO (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass). I didn't expect much from this tour- but it really exceeded my expectations. Brooklyn feels so different from Manhattan- cosier, almost.


One of my favourite photos of the entire trip - walking on Brooklyn Bridge




Iconic shot of the Empire State Building framed by the Manhattan Bridge

I really loved Brooklyn Bridge Park- such a great place with awesome views of the bridges, and the skyscrapers across the water. The weather that day was lovely as well, and people were just chilling and hanging out. I can so imagine having a nice picnic with the family, here!



Fulton Ferry Landing

Next up- Top of the Rock! Check out the amazing views from the top. I got there late in the afternoon and stayed until the sun went down. Got my money's worth- saw both the day and night views, hehe.



I joined yet another walking tour by Free Tours by Foot (!) and this time, it was the Holiday Lights tour. Nothing like pretty lights and festive decorations to get you in the mood for Christmas!




What an EPIC amount of walking today!

No comments: