Saturday, December 26, 2015

US & UK Trip (Day 1): New York - Radio City Music Hall & Rockefeller Center

Work brought me to UK (again- in the same year!) and US in December 2015. Naturally I made plans to squeeze in some sight-seeing time while I was abroad.

My very first Business Class flight (on British Airways)- so exciting! It was an awesome experience- the food, the alcohol, the flatbed, the stopover lounge in Heathrow where I had a lovely, refreshing shower- it made the journey a truly memorable one.



Yummy!

Upon arrival and after checking in to my hotel in Queens (which was super close to the subway station, but the area overall was a little bit scary especially for a lady travelling alone), I rested for a little while, and then headed out in a bid to stay awake to beat the jetlag. I went to Radio City Music Hall to watch the 'Radio City Christmas Spectacular' starring The Rockettes. The show was very good and very enjoyable- but I was super tired and ended up yawning quite a bit towards the end.



I walked around the grounds of the Rockefeller Center, and as you can see- Christmas was well and truly in the air. The festive atmosphere really made me miss the family; wished I had them with me... Sigh.





The Channel Gardens



 The famous skating rink

No comments: