Monday, December 28, 2015

US & UK Trip (Day 4): New York - One day walking tour and Museum of Modern Art

The next day, I took a walking tour with Free Tours by Foot (highly recommended) and covered quite a lot of ground in 6 hours. Starting from the Financial District (Wall St, New York Stock Exchange, etc), we stopped by Trinity Church, and made our way to the World Trade Center. We also covered SoHo, Chinatown, Little Italy, Greenwich Village, the High Line Park (and I probably missed a few other areas)!




Better views in the day







Just like in the movies!


Yummy!

I really wanted to walk on the High Line, and I was glad that the tour covered that (well to be exact, it ended there, and I walked the rest of the way to the other end). The High Line is a 1.45-mile-long elevated linear park created on a former New York Central Railroad spur on the west side of Manhattan. A very interesting concept indeed- in warmer weather this must be a lovely place to hang out.



I spent the evening at the Museum of Modern Art. I am not a fan of modern art- but there were some interesting pieces on display. Been there, done that! Haha :)



People were furiously taking photos of this

No comments: