Saturday, December 19, 2009

A weekend in Bukit Tinggi

Hubby organised a company weekend away recently to Bukit Tinggi, and all of us tagged along. And when I mean all of us- I really mean ALL of us. Hubby, myself, baby, my parents, his mum, and our domestic helper. 6 adults to 1 baby, haha.

It was really really great to have all the help. Travelling with a baby is no mean feat, I tell you. Seemed like we had to pack the entire bathroom and kitchen on his account!

Colmar Tropicale looked ok on the outside- this 'French village' was definitely nothing to shout about, but entertaining enough for a short stay with a baby (since babies are quite easily amused anyway). It was really just that one street, and that was it. It was nice and cool that day, so at least that was a plus.

We set our expectations really low after reading all the bad reviews online about the Colmar Tropicale hotel rooms. We occupied 2 rooms between the 7 of us; the one bedroom suite was decent and spacious, but the family room was rather awful. Especially the bathroom. Ewww. I shudder just thinking about it. Plus, there was some awful karaoke going on until late at night so I barely got any sleep. Throw in a cranky baby and well.. you can imagine. Thank God it was just for one night.

Resident swan at Colmar Tropicale

There were a few game stalls on the main street, and since there was not much to do, we had quite a bit of fun (and spent a lot of money I think) playing the silly games and trying to win prizes. I think the one who had the most fun was my mum! Haha.

Our cute prizes =)

The next day we popped by the rabbit farm; nothing much there, but hey, it was for the kid. Next was a trip to the bowling alley, where I bowled the worst game of my life... *shy*

It was a really tiring weekend for all of us, even the little one- who was still sleeping off the excitement for a few days after we got home!

3 comments:

HL said...

Nate's entourage!!! Looking forward to pix in FB?

HL said...

what was the score anyway? >:)

leymondcha said...

Score? Hmm... maybe 4/10? :p