Friday, December 11, 2009

Sun Motor Hunt 2009

Some of you may know that we are fans of treasure hunting. Not the type involving maps and shovels and 'X marks the spot' of course, but those involving tulips and cryptic clues! Not surprising, since I am a huge fan of word games. I absolutely love games like Scrabble and Boggle; my mum taught my sis and I how to play when we were little kids, and I've been hooked ever since! :)

Back to hunting- well we don't get to hunt much, but it certainly is something that we would like to get into more. This year, we finally had the opportunity to join the famed Sun Motor Hunt; and boy, what a great time we had! I was looking forward to the hunt for weeks and we made the necesssary care arrangements for the baby so that we could have a day off to go hunting. The hunt was stressful and tiring of course, but it really was so much fun :)

The hunt was divided into two legs- with Leg 1 further divided into two parts. Our time management was rather poor and we spent more time than we should have at Part 1, resulting in a domino effect that saw us rushing through the last few questions of the hunt, thus missing some simple questions! Drat. Ah well, I suppose practice makes perfect....

Almost 300 cars participated in the hunt..

We ended up in the top 100, and given that this was our first attempt at the Sun Motor Hunt, I thought this wasn't too bad at all. We won Samsung vacuum cleaners, which we gave to each of our mums, since they both could do with one :)

Here's a question that drove us all nuts:

Q: Property of topsy turvy fish found right here
A: Lot 733

Stumped? Read 733 upside down...

Guess we have to pay a lot more $$ in treasure hunting tuition fees! (I.e. pay $$ to enter more hunts to learn)

No comments: