Tuesday, May 12, 2015

London - May 2015 (Day 4)

I started the next day with a walk through Hyde Park with the sister. It was a dreary morning- wet and gloomy; a typical London day. We managed to take some relatively decent photos of the scenery- although the wefies were a tad harder! Haha.




After that I headed back to Imperial Wharf and went to the nearest supermarket to stock up on groceries and other basic necessities for the brother. I absolutely love visiting supermarkets when I travel- checking out all the snacks that one can't get back home in KL, is so much fun! The weather took a wonderful turn for the better- as you can see from the photo below. It wasn't easy lugging all the groceries back- thankfully the sun was out so I managed to make a pit-stop and had lunch on a bench overlooking the water. How lovely. It would have been nice to have had some company though! *missing the hubby and kids at that very moment*


I got some rest in the afternoon and decided to go out in the early evening, wondering if I might be able to walk into a church service somewhere. I ended up in Kensington Church for a little while and then continued exploring the area, ending up in Kensington Gardens and outside Kensington Palace. Wow, another first for me!



The media was camping outside, hoping to catch a glimpse of the new princess! Haha.


The gardens immediately outside the palace were so beautiful. Check out the black tulips and the lovely vine arches!



When it got dark, I walked on to Bayswater and FINALLY tried the famous Four Seasons duck rice, which was yummy. Yet another first on this trip! The duck had a more distinct herbal and gamey taste- making it a little different to what we get back home. Different, but nice in its own way.


Happy that I had some new and memorable experiences today! :)

No comments: