Sunday, May 10, 2015

London - May 2015 (Day 2)

My brother very kindly allowed me to bunk in with him in his hostel room, even though he had to sleep in a sleeping bag on the floor. Haha! His hostel was in a super nice area (compared to where I lived when I was studying in London) although it was a little far from the city centre itself. He shared the kitchen with a few other students.. And gosh, the kitchen could do with some cleaning! I guess all of them were waiting for someone else to cave in first and do the cleaning on behalf of everyone else. Yuck!

Anyway, we started the day with a visit to the lovely Sky Garden in the famous 'Walkie Talkie building', 20 Fenchurch Street. The Sky Garden offers a beautiful aerial view of the city, and best of all, it's FREE! We spent quite a lot of time there, admiring the view and catching up in general.

Read more about the 'Walkie Talkie building' here- it's quite the 'weapon'! Death rays emitted from the Walkie Scorchie! Haha.





Next stop was across London Bridge to Borough Market, a place that I heard so much about even when I was studying in London, but strangely never got to visit. I really enjoyed walking around- taking in the sights, smells, and eating my way through. What a great experience!






We boarded a Thames Cruise after that- again, something I never did when I was a student. It's almost if I am catching up playing the London tourist! The cruise was relaxing and the views were gorgeous. We had amazing weather, which is a rarity in London!


London- a contrast of old and new



We ended the day with dinner at Burger and Lobster which was super yummy! I mean, what's not to love about lobsters? Hehe. Apparently this is a really popular chain and the queues to get in are really long. We had an early dinner which meant we didn't have to queue. How nice!


After dinner, we went to watch a musical- Memphis, which was good fun!

An excellent day overall!

No comments: