Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Hong Kong - May 2015 (Day 2)

Off to Hong Kong Disneyland! As you can imagine, the kids were so excited. The weather was a little dreary that day, but nothing too bothersome. We got there before the park opened, and of course, there was already a queue at the gates.



Check out the lovely Sleeping Beauty Castle, modelled after the late-19th century Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria, Germany.


We went on the Winnie the Pooh ride, and of course- the iconic It's a Small World ride. I have sung the song for as long as I can remember (thanks to my mum); and this was my first time going on the ride. I really loved it; it made me feel so happy. The colours, the music, the way the figurines moved- it was awesome!

We also queued for a special photo opportunity with Elsa and Anna (sorry, no photos here), and took the trouble to change the little girl into her Elsa dress, just for the photo. She loves Frozen, and she is absolutely mad about Elsa (as probably all little girls are, at the moment)!







We watched a show next- I think it was called Golden Mickey. Quite entertaining; especially for the kids- or at least I hoped so, anyway!




One of the highlights in Disneyland is of course the parades. We watched one in the afternoon named 'Flights of Fantasy'- check out the photos below! Too cute.




I can't believe we didn't get to visit Tarzan's Treehouse this time either! I guess we thought there were many other more fun things to do. Ah well, maybe next time?

We went on the Jungle River Cruise, which was really quite fun. We had to navigate some 'treacherous' waters- haha.



The famous Lion King show

Next up was Grizzly Gulch- with it's Wild Wild West theme. It seemed quieter compared to the rest of the park, which wasn't a bad thing. I went on a ride alone- the Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars, and it was oh so fun! There was a section of the ride where it suddenly went backwards- yikes!



We stayed on at the park until it was dark, and time for the night parade and the famous fireworks. I must say- the night parade was very nice; look at how the psychedelic the floats are! 





Mickey waffles!


As you can see from the last photo above- we enjoyed the beautiful fireworks against the Sleeping Castle, capping off a great day. We were absolutely exhausted, but I am sure we would all be raring to go again, tomorrow!

No comments: