Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Celebrating mum-in-law's birthday at Chyniis!

Chyniis.... where all the chinese go to eat (pardon the pun).

Anyway, we celebrated dear mum-in-law's birthday here back in August. Chyniis is in SStwo mall, this relatively new mall which hubby was involved in designing, and for which his company won an award, might I add! So proud of my hubby, heh :)

Back to the food. The food was good, as expected, but also rather pricey (again, as expected).

I like their Crispy Pork Belly with Rolled Chargrilled Cuttlefish. The textures of both main ingredients are quite similar though, i.e. both are crispy and sticky, so it might get too much for the palate after a while. Better in smaller portions, I would think.


We also tried their Baked Giant River Prawns with 'Dang Gui' and Butter; a rather interesting dish, but I'm not a big fan of anything 'herbal-ly' so I guess I'll stick to their 'sang har meen' if I dine there again. Now that, is REALLY good.



Overall, a great night out with good food, and good company.

Happy birthday mum-in-law! We love you! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

never notice a mall behind new paris restaurant, shd pay there a visit.

very newly opened? we still went murni in Aug, didnt see new mall?

cp