Thursday, July 28, 2011

Trip to Hong Kong- Day 2

The conference was held over the next 2 days, and it was a pretty good experience getting to know people in the other companies within the Group. I joined the Corporate Planning sessions; it was a small group and I pretty much already knew everyone there, so I settled in quite comfortably.

I found the buffet lunch really yummy- although the selection was not that extensive, there were interesting dishes like 'Lamb with Coconut' and 'Chicken with Strawberry Gravy', which were really quite nice. I had some mussels too- and they were delicious! Now I've had a lot of mussels in my time, but I reckon those were probably the best I've ever tasted. Amazingly fresh and sweet. Yummy!

Dinner was hosted by the conference organisers, and we went to this apparently famous place named Yue Kee, to try their roast goose. The food that night was just so-so, although there were lots of 'good stuff' like abalone, dried scallops, fresh scallops, etc. There was waaay too much food though, and it was such a pity to see so much of it go to waste.



Geese tongues in the bottom right corner.. ewww

One thing I saw for myself that night- the Japanese can REALLY drink! By the end of the night, most of them were practically just standing around and downing alcohol like there was no tomorrow. Haha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

far to go yue kee from ur conference place (remember u said nearby airport?)

the organizer bring u all in rented bus or cab? Expensive transportation too (coz i went in year 2007 no MRT connecting that place).

cp

leymondcha said...

Yup, it was quite far; we went by bus. All planned by the organisers :)