Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Koryo Won, Starhill Gallery

It was Mother-in-law's birthday recently and we ended up having Korean food at Koryo Won on the lovely Feast floor of Starhill Gallery.

As usual, different types of starters were served- some of which were quite tasty. We also tried the barbequed meat (eaten wrapped in cabbage leaves); however I found the meat a bit too salty for my liking.

Maybe it's just me- but I really find Korean food in KL to be seriously overpriced. And I don't think it's because it's Starhill Gallery (did I mention a cup of green tea was RM10?). Most Korean dishes seem to consist of 'normal' (cheap, even?) ingredients, and there isn't much meat in items like the bibimbap or the beef soup. As for the grilled meat- the 2 thin slices above (with a huge bone in the middle, no less) cost more than a hearty steak! Hmmm.

Bibimbap

Beef soup with kimchi (I think...)

Oh well, I guess it was still a fun experience nevertheless. And walking around the Feast floor is always great fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

definately expensive food... RM10 per green tea? i think the ampang korean village is quite reasonable.

whatever we're eating also quite standard... lucikly they served the starters, at least u feel full, wont mind if the meet is not a lot... haha...

Anonymous said...

Great work.