Tuesday, September 11, 2007

End of the 'Kluang Chapter'?

It was rather nice hanging out for a few days at home in Kluang. The place seems to change every time I go back (ok maybe that's because I go back uhm, only once or twice a year.. :p).

Life moves a lot slower there. Everything is nearby and it's usual to meet a friendly face when you're out and about town. It's quite nice being friends with the kuay teow auntie, the owner of the textile shop, the baker, the fishmonger, the fruit man.... the list goes on. The fishmonger used to deliver fish right up to our doorstep- talk about great service! :)

My family has lived there 17 years now. Time really flies. Of course, I've 'left' for KL a long time ago now, but in some ways, I guess it still feels like home.

But maybe not for much longer though. Dad may be moving to Vietnam for work, and Mum is going along with him. So it looks like the 'Kluang chapter' of our lives is coming to an end soon. I feel a little sad, thinking about it, but I guess change is inevitable, right?

I'll miss the crabs and the buns that we usually have when I'm back...

The Shanghai-style mooncake, that has such lovely pastry...

Yes, I think I'll miss Kluang. I'll miss the fun of buying fabric with my mum and brainstorming for dress designs at the tailor's, the chance to get cheap(er) curtains done for the new house, my beef brisket noodles, etc etc. And oh, I have to start looking for a dentist here in KL too. Sigh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

may b next time can travel to kluang with MO, KL, and others, in 2 cars and meet HL there. we can enjoy plenty of good food u recommended.