Saturday, June 02, 2007

Maju Palace Restaurant, Maju Junction

Had lunch with some dear friends at Maju Palace the other day. It was my first time there, and I have to say this is one of the better halal chinese restaurants that I've been to.

We ordered dim sum and a couple of other dishes. Apologies for the super blur photos; I forgot my camera and took these with my old old phone. :p

Yam Dumplings

Now this was the most interesting dish that day. I don't know what the proper name is- but in Cantonese it is 'hao sui yin kai'. A direct translation makes it 'Saliva Smoked Chicken'. Sounds gross right? Hahaha :D

When the dish arrived, I thought I smelled something burning and I wondered if the kitchen was on fire or something. I looked around and realised it came from the chicken! It was really smoky, heh.

This dish was really delicious- the salty, smoky chicken went well with the crunchy salad leaves tossed in salad cream.

I think I shall be visiting Maju Palace again! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

we been there... Actuarial CNY Dinner 2007, if not mistaken, 5 tables. the food really gd, especially when it's free. ;p

Chipmunkrock said...

aiyoo der yam dumplings are making me so hungry and it's 11.32pm now...no! cannot sup!

jesscet said...

you've been tagged! (go to my blog to find out..) ;)

Unknown said...

I'm sorry I couldn't make it on that day. I was genuinely sick, but at least I got emergency leave =p . Anyway hope you're enjoying life and every speck of its subtleties.