Saturday, June 30, 2007

Crystal Jade Palace Restaurant, Takashimaya

Mum was going on about how delicious the dim sum here is; so we decided to head for the restaurant on a Sunday morning despite not having a reservation. That was a bad, BAD idea.

We were greeted by the sight of a crowd at the entrance, but that did not deter us (the thought of yummy ‘ngau mai’- beef balls of some sort; kept us holding on). When we took our number, we were told we needed to wait about 15 minutes. Fine, so we walked around a bit and came back 15 minutes later. No table. And so we waited… and waited… and WAITED. Every time we asked ourselves- should we stay or should we go; we decided to stay since we had already waited for such a looong time.

By that time I couldn’t really care less if we ate the darn dim sum or not. To add to my misery, I was wrestling with a tummy ache and there were no places to sit while we waited.

We FINALLY got in after a ONE AND A HALF HOUR wait.

And was the dim sum worth it? Well I guess it is really yummy, but I seriously don’t think ANY dim sum is worth THAT long a wait. Sheesh.

I would definitely recommend this place; but NEVER EVER go there without a reservation.

The porridge was yummy...

Mmm... duck... This was my favourite!

'Ngau mai'

This isn't carrot cake; it's a waterchestnut cake- a dessert!

No comments: