Thursday, April 12, 2007

Operation 0904 at 1900 hrs

Mission: To stun Target with fun on 0904 at 1900 hrs

1850 hrs: Target is glued to TV with notes on lap
1855 hrs: Commander locks in on Target
1900 hrs: Elite Team parachutes in- Target successfully stunned and 'taken out'
2100 hrs: LANDSLIDE!!
2101 hrs: Emergency Rescue Operation swings into action. Casualties: Nil

Mission succesfully concluded.

********************************************************


In case you're wondering what THAT was all about; it was the lovely surprise that greeted me on Monday evening. Hubby launched a clandestine operation with some friends, and I was totally caught off-guard! Had already prepared dinner and all, so wasn't expecting anyone to 'parachute' in!! Hahaha :D

Dinner was simple- takeaway KFC; and dear mum-in-law came all the way from Puchong bearing fried noodles and a whole roast duck (one of my favourites). Chatted and watched America's Next Top Model over dinner.. it was fun!

The next thing that happened will definitely count as one of my fondest birthday memories. Opened the cake box and discovered a landslide!! Shall let Fatboy tell you the story.

It did taste lovely though, and it was all gone in a blink of an eye! :D

Strawberry Meringue PIAKE

(for this to make any sense, you have to read Fatboy's story...)

My dear, dear family and friends showered me with more wonderful gifts. There was this super-cute butterfly pillow (so very huggable!), a delightful bottle holder, and some gorgeous, gorgeous eyeshadow from T'ESTIMO! (I have this weakness for eyeshadow.. :p)

Thanks so much everyone! I feel so incredibly loved; am so touched by the efforts to rush over from work to celebrate with me- and on a Monday some more. God has indeed blessed me richly with friends like you all! :)

7 comments:

fatboybakes said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! OMIGOSHHHHH, its even worse than i expected. hilarous. oh well, as i said, at least there'll be some story to tell for future generations.

i TOLD him to stick to lemon meringue pie.

leymondcha said...

Haha....it must have been the hilly terrain of your neighbourhood; thus the landslide :) I was already consciously trying to drive slowly...

Ya lor, the birthday girl wanted strawberries mah :p

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

hopped over from fatboybakes. I laughed out loud in my office and everyone thought I had gone mad.

Tummythoz said...

Hopped over from fbb too due to curiosity-lor. What a delicious meltdown!

leymondcha said...

Hi lyrical lemongrass & tummythoz; honoured that you should drop by :) See you both a lot over at fatboy's...

Yup- what a delicious meltdown! It was yummy- so no 'casualties' there! :D

UnkaLeong said...

Curiosity Killed the Cat...hoped over from FBB's as well.

Hahaha...I think I better place an order from Nigel and Allan :)

Unknown said...

Fatboy!Fatboy! must try!!!