Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Moonie in Scotland

Dear Moonie is on a lovely 3-week holiday in the UK. She's spending the final week in London now, after a hectic tour of Scotland and another of England & Wales. Think she has seen more of the UK in her 3 weeks than I have in my 3 years!

Here's a lovely picture she sent of Scotland. As you can see, the scenery was absolutely amazing...

I thought the photo looked familiar, and proceeded to check out my old albums. Look what I found!

Both pictures were taken in mid to late March. Guess it all depends on the weather doesn't it? Hmm. My holiday in Scotland was a cloudy, cold and wet one. ALL my photos came only in shades of grey, brown and green.. :p

Anyway, that was Loch Garry- known as the 'Map of Scotland' Loch. According to Wikipedia, a 'loch' (the name is Gaelic in origin) is a body of water which is either a lake or a sea inlet. Loch Garry is unique because a quirk of perspective makes it appear like a map of Scotland!

No comments: