Friday, January 11, 2008

Hong Kong Disneyland!

I was so excited at the thought of visiting Disneyland- even though it was panned left, right and centre by almost everyone. Harry Potter even told me to go in the afternoon or else I'd die of boredom! Hmmph.

Well I'm so glad I listened to the one or two sane people who told me to go in the morning when it opens! We didn't manage to get there at 10 a.m. sharp though, since we left the house rather late. It was slightly past 11 a.m. when we managed to purchase our tickets and enter the 'happiest place on earth'! :)

We checked out the showtimes and tried to plan our itinerary around them. Once that was sorted, we made a beeline for Tomorrowland; our first stop- Space Mountain! The queue wasn't too bad and I quite enjoyed the ride- I was screaming all the way! I have to confess that I'm a bit of a chicken so it didn't really bother me that Space Mountain was the only scary ride in the whole of Hong Kong Disneyland! Heh.

We watched 'The Golden Mickeys' next; it was lovely to sing along with all the Disney songs, and our favourite bit was the 'Under the Sea' scene from 'The Little Mermaid'! We moved on to the spinning teacups *chuckle* followed by lunch and a mad dash to catch the Christmas Parade...

Truth be told, by the time you watch all the shows (which I do recommend), there really isn't enough time to do everything there. We didn't manage to see everything, but I do hope we got to see all the good ones! Philharmagic (the 3D show) was really great- that shouldn't be missed; and the Jungle Cruise was really fun too!

One ride that I did regret waiting in line for was the silly 'Autopia'. That basically involved driving an electrical car (on a designated track, cheh) so you can imagine how FUN that was. Even the pedal was in the middle- for the parent to step on while the kid pretended that he actually did have control over the car. I was whining about having to queue for a car ride- surely being stuck in KL traffic jams is enough? Guess hubby was just taken in by those 3 magic words- 'Powered by Honda'... Hmm.

Evening was upon us soon enough, and the beautiful Christmas lights came on. It was a magical sight, and once again, hubby's trusty tripod was put to good use.

Isn't this beautiful?

They have the cutest things everywhere!

All in all, we had a wonderful day. Would I recommend Hong Kong Disneyland then? Most definitely!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, Hong Kong Disneyland is very good.

harrylee said...

yes, harry potter is not sane. :(

Hon Wai said...

Did you also visit Ocean Park?