Sunday, January 27, 2008

Cloverfield...

We watched Cloverfield last week. It was a dreadful experience. The film was presented as a recording from a hand-held video camera, which made us terribly dizzy. I had to contend with an awful headache after the movie ended as well! :(

I was hoping the shaky camerawork would last only a couple of minutes or so, but alas, it was not to be. Halfway through the film I was hoping that the character holding the camera would get shot, or better still- eaten by the monster, so that I could watch the rest of the film without shutting my eyes every now and then to ward off the queasiness.

The last time I saw a movie that induced motion sickness was an Iranian film called 'The Blackboard'. Fimed in the desolate highlands of the Kurdistan region of Iran, and probably on a tiny budget as well, I could understand why the camerawork wasn't top quality.

But Cloverfield, from Hollywood? Sheesh...

No comments: