Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Latest Recipe at Le Meridien KL

We recently took a day off from work to spend some time together. My mum kindly agreed to babysit while we had fun, so that was really nice.

We watched 2 movies- 'Legion' (which was errrr... rather strange) and 'Sherlock Holmes' (which was absolutely great). That was followed by a Thai massage, which was not too bad, but not relaxing enough. Think I should just stick to aromatherapy massages.

Anyway, we capped the day off with a fantastic buffet dinner at Latest Recipe, Le Meridien KL. A special seafood buffet was featured for the month of January, and we had a marvellous time tucking into the prawns, scallops, abalone, oysters, and so much more!

The fresh oysters were plump and juicy; I should have eaten more at the beginning of the meal because it's just impossible to enjoy something as raw and slimy as oysters on a full-ish stomach. Made me gag when I had some more later in the meal. I loved the tapas- not many choices, but there was one featuring a whole scallop coated with sesame seeds which was really nice.

The seafood teppanyaki was a little bit on the salty side (too much sauce I suppose); could have been much nicer if we ate it with the garlic fried rice.. but hey, eating too much carbo is a waste at buffets!

I was sold the minute I saw the 3 chocolate fountains- check out the plump strawberries!

Yummy!

I didn't fancy having salad (what a waste of stomach space) even though the dressings were creatively presented and looked oh-so-yummy. Talk about trying to get diners to eat their vegetables. Haha!

Test tubes?

Hand lotion, anyone? (The orange liquid is actually thousand island dressing..)

Although I didn't have rice, I succumbed to the call of the pasta station. A few strands of squid ink fettucine, with small chunks of all things seafood, served in a creamy pesto sauce. Nice. So much for the no-carbo rule at buffets. Sigh.

I loved the desserts at Latest Recipe as well. Having 3 chocolate fountains certainly caters to everyone (unless you don't like chocolate of course); after all most people usually prefer one type of chocolate to another. And the strawberries were large and juicy so that was a huge plus.

Also, the teppanyaki ice-cream counter was so much fun! You can choose all the different stuff you want to mix in with your choice of ice-cream flavours. There were all kinds of nuts, dried apricots, dried apple slices, raisins, wafers (remember those shaped like a fan?), M&Ms, marshmallows, chocolate balls, chocolate chips, sprinkles.... the list goes on. The teppanyaki ice-cream turns out a bit like 'rojak' but it's really quite nice tasting the creamy ice-cream with bits to nibble inside.

Spoilt for choice!



While waiting for the teppanyaki ice-cream I saw this.. so cute isn't it?
But should one just take the chocolate, or the whole spoon? Haha :)

We used the complimentary dining voucher from my Starwood Privilege Card so it was really worth it. Otherwise it would have cost us RM118++ per person!

We really really enjoyed ourselves at dinner. I was still thinking about the yummy seafood for days afterwards!

1 comment:

harrylee said...

Legion: I dunno, don't really trust Paul Bettany to be a hero and the poster looks dodgy, the weapons he is holding looked photoshopped. Totally avoided it, but Lena watched it because ... lol.