Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Food poisoning!

Since the blogging about our London trip is so 'tergendala' anyway, I might as well put in some 'real-time' stories in between...

I just got discharged from hospital this morning. I started throwing up in the early hours of Tuesday morning and even after seeing the doctor a bit later and getting a jab, I still wasn't feeling any better. I couldn't keep anything down- not even water. As I was already dehydrated (blood pressure and heart rate were already outside normal range); and re-hydration via oral re-hydration salts was not working (since I was throwing everything up), I called the doctor again and she suggested that I get further help from the A&E dept at a nearby hospital. I would be needing fluids and medication intravenously.

I SOS-ed hubby and he flew back from his meeting in Shah Alam to drive me to the hospital. I wasn't even able to stand properly by then, much less drive. We arrived at the A&E dept in the late afternoon, and after a brief examination, the doctor decided that I had to be admitted. That came as a surprise- I thought that an IV drip would do the job. But apparently I was quite dry and also running a temperature, so oh well...

Hospitals are depressing; all the needles, wheelchairs, equipment, etc look so cold and scary.. nothing quite so glamorous as what you see on House and Grey's Anatomy. Just how do doctors and nurses do it? Eh.. Moonie? :)

All in all, I'm feeling much better now. A special thank you to all who showered me with concern and kept me in prayer.

I really need to learn to watch what I eat. Sigh.

1 comment:

lynklee said...

hope you are feeling much much better now!