Sunday, May 04, 2008

House tales...

We've made a bit more progress fitting up our new place. Hubby efficiently took the lead in the curtain-hunting (thanks to Madame AAL's recommendation); and we decided to seal the deal by paying a deposit last weekend. One more thing done- hurrah!

This weekend, we picked out all the lights for the house, received a quotation for those, and now we're just waiting for a proper quotation for the installation fees (there's some hacking to be done to re-align some lighting points), so I think the lights are pretty much sorted already. Yippee! :D

We're also slowly trying to clear up our current place a little bit, and start throwing things out, but our progress has been slow. We're so busy on weekends- church activities, doing stuff for the new place, and also planning for our England trip; so it's been a tad stressful.

Just the other day I was feeling a bit overwhelmed by the serious need to clean our current place (it was REALLY messy, dirty and dusty), but I simply had no time nor energy (plus I had to rush off for music practice). When I got home from church, I was so grateful and pleased to find that hubby had vacuumed and mopped the floor! That simple gesture of love really helped to ease my anxiety (hubby knows I worry and stress out quite often)...

He's such a dear, isn't he?

No comments: