Friday, February 08, 2008

Ushering in the Year of the Rat...

... with what else- FOOD, of course! :)

Mum-in-law cooked up a storm for the reunion dinner; there was soooo much food! It was quite amazing to see her single-handedly whipping up so many dishes (I didn't help to cook, but I did wash the dishes!) She even made me pig's stomach soup (so sweet of her)- which I like, but don't usually get to eat; cos hubby just isn't a fan. So it was pretty much just me, the huge bowl of yummy soup and those delicious rubbery strips!

On the first day of the new year, we went to pay hubby's grandma a visit. Then, it was off to Sunway Pyramid- we brought mum-in-law to watch the new Stephen Chow movie, CJ7. The cinema was packed, and we had to settle for seats four rows from the screen! :p

So, did I enjoy CJ7? Well, there were some parts that made me angry, and I was really annoyed that people were finding those funny. But maybe it's just me being overly-sensitive... hmmm. There WERE some tender and meaningful moments though, so for me that evened things out a bit.

Mum-in-law made dinner again, and of course, there was loads of food! Think there is waaaay too much eating this time of the year, no? :p

2 comments:

Hon Wai said...

What in the film made angry? I saw the trailer. The "son" is in fact played by a girl. She looks very boyish.
The dishes look very professional.

Chipmunkrock said...

i think i know what made you angry. was it an issue with size and weight?