Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A close call...

I was driving to work the other day- minding my own business as I drove along a straight road, when this car suddenly appeared out of a junction right towards me! The opposite side of the road was filled with cars in queue, which meant I could not see this car waiting to come out of the junction. To think he didn't even bother to check if there was oncoming traffic!! Sheesh.

If it wasn't for the small gap that allowed me to swerve to the left, he pretty much would have rammed into me! Thank God there wasn't any motorcyclist on my left, or another car following closely behind. Fortunately I wasn't driving too fast either, which meant that I managed to brake on time.

After that close call, the other driver stuck his arm out of the window and waved frantically to apologise. He did that for a good 100 metres until he turned off the road. Oh well, at least he KNEW he was at fault!

What a way to start the day! But I thank God I escaped without a scratch; to myself or my car...

Phew.

1 comment:

moonie said...

hey...u ok? call u later yeah? ;)
Keep safe!