Sunday, November 27, 2011

Trip to Ipoh- Nov 2011

We made a trip to Ipoh in November to celebrate my grandparents' birthday (yes, both of them); it was my grandfather's 90th (Chinese) birthday!

We stayed at the Tower Regency hotel; the apartment we managed to book was decent and spacious, although I have to admit the hotel is rather run down for a place that is relatively new (about 2-3 years old).

The birthday dinner was quite good; and we had a nice time catching up with the relatives. I hope my grandparents enjoyed themselves; I'm sure they were happy to have so many family members celebrating with them. There were 4 generations there that day! 



The next morning, before we came back to KL, we decided to visit the Kek Look Tong Cave Temple, a tourist attraction situated in the natural and picturesque area of Gunung Rapat in the south of Ipoh. It was pretty nice walking around and exploring the area for a little bit. The air in the cave was cool, and there were many stalactites and stalagmite formations to admire.





A short overnight trip; but well worth it I would say...

No comments: