Sunday, May 29, 2011

Celebrating mummies!

Mothers, that is... not the Egyptian dead bodies. Heh.

I was craving ice-cream cake for some time, after repeatedly watching the Baskin Robbins Ice-Cream Cake ad on TV. Goes to show how powerful advertising is, huh? :p

Anyway I told hubby about my craving and I was presented with a yummy ice-cream cake! He drove to the nearest Baskin Robbins cafe- which is literally down the road- and picked one up. Vanilla sponge with Jamoca Almond Fudge... mmm.


I didn't particularly like the design of the cake, and the vanilla sponge seemed a little bit dry, but hey, the ice-cream was delicious! Perhaps I should have just bought a tub of ice-cream and stuck a candle on top? Hahahah.


My mum's birthday is in May as well, and we had a lovely lunch at Zipangu to celebrate. We got her a small cake on the day of her birthday- black sesame mousse; interesting isn't it? It wasn't too sweet which I think she liked, although I did think it wasn't sweet enough! Ah well, but that's just me.

Thank you mum for everything; hope you had a great birthday and we love you so so much! Now that I am a mother myself, I think I really understand my mum so much more. Love you to bits, my dearest mummy! *hugs*

No comments: