Sunday, July 04, 2010

Some exciting news to share!

Well, this isn't exactly 'new' news, especially if you've seen me around on a relatively regular basis... but hubby and I are expecting Baby No.2!! We found out during Chinese New Year this year, and that was very early on- at about 5 1/2 weeks. I'm already at 25 weeks now, and the EDD is Oct 18. How exciting!

Oh.. and it's a girl!! My doctor just confirmed that last weekend. A little boy, plus a little girl on the way- God is good to us indeed!

This 2nd pregnancy has been going ok so far; will keep praying that it stays that way. It's tiring of course, having to care for one with another in the womb. Physically it's been definitely tougher; previously I could just lie in bed when I was tired. Not this time. I try not to carry and lift the little toddler too much though, since it puts quite a fair bit of strain on my back and also my tummy.

All that aside, I do enjoy being pregnant... The most wonderful bit is feeling the little kicks; that truly is an amazing experience that cannot be adequately described by words. A wonderful reminder of the miracle of life, and the greatness of our God the Creator.. who blessed us with this little being growing inside me. Her little kicks bring a smile to my face almost every time :)

I'm worried about actually delivering the baby, of course, even though I've done it before. I'm trying not to think too much about it for now, and enjoy the rest of the pregnancy. Time does fly by! Hopefully the delivery will be better than the last time...

Would greatly appreciate your prayers! Thank you so much.

Watch this space for more updates :)

7 comments:

lynklee said...

oh wow congrats! that's a very close age gap! do take care and all the best.

Shih Ann said...

ooo congrats!!! :)

Shan said...

ooo congrats!!! :)

Shan said...

ooo congrats! :)

Hon Wai said...

Congratulations! Delivering a baby girl should be less painful because she is smaller. One push, and she should just "slide" out. Easy.

seowyin said...

Congrats Ley :) Take good care of yourself!

jesscet said...

Hey, i found out the good news just not long ago - it's been ages since i saw u ya? Really happy for you guys and congratulations! do take care.. :)