Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Banquet, Bangsar Village II

We were pleasantly surprised to learn that Banquet is owned by the same people who own Café Café. After our lovely experience at Café Café, we were looking forward to give Banquet a try- especially after I took one of their menus home, studied it and pretty much decided what I was going to order when we got the chance to eat there! Haha :)

And dine there we did. Hubby ordered a set menu, and started with Sauteed Mushrooms with Garlic and Olive Oil- simple yet so yummy.

His main course was the Oven Baked Butterfish with Honey Mustard Garlic Sauce, which was really delicious. One bite and I felt like kicking myself for not ordering this instead, although hubby was very generous in sharing his food! The fish was very fresh and the honey mustard complemented it perfectly (although I could be biased since I lurve honey mustard... mmm).

For my main course, I opted for the Spaghetti with Duck Lard and Sundried Tomatoes. Now this might seem a tad gross, but think of 'duck skin croutons' and it might not sound so bad. Anyway, I didn't quite know what to make of this dish. It wasn't as nice as I hoped it to be; but it wasn't lousy either. Somehow the spaghetti felt a bit 'waxy'; maybe it was the lard? :p

No comments: