Sunday, July 19, 2015

Farm In The City!

So we finally made a trip to Farm In The City! We heard quite a lot about it and saw photos posted by friends- but we never got a chance to go, until now.

Seeing animals- and getting to pet or feed them- is always a hit with kids. They complained about the smell, of course- but hey, that can't be helped!


The 'highlight' of the trip was hands down- the incident involving my new-ish phone. The kids were feeding the fishes in the pond, and I was trying to get a photo of the beautiful fishes in a swirl of colour, trying to grab a morsel of fish food. For some reason I had the phone above my little boy's head, who at that very exact moment decided to raise his hand and throw some fish food into the pond. And so, in one swift karate chop moment, my phone flew off my hands and landed into the pond below- eliciting horrified gasps from the crowd all around us!


I was stunned. We assumed the phone had to be written off, and I started texting and calling some other people on my company phone to say that my personal phone was gone, and they had to contact me on my other number if they needed to reach me.

And then, we thought of something. Why not ask someone working there if anything could be done? We asked a worker there, who smiled and nonchalantly hopped over the bannister and into the pond- looking like he's done it a million times before for idiotic visitors like yours truly (*shy*); felt around a bit (in the general area where we pointed out the phone had dropped), and voila - he found it!! And guess what- the phone was still working! I could not believe my eyes. Wow. From now on, only Samsung for me!

Hubby quickly removed the battery and tried to dry the insides as much as he could. When we got home he quickly used a hair dryer to try and dry the nooks and crannies, and after half a day, we tried to start the phone. It could work! Thank God!

What a day. That misadventure aside, here are some other photos of the fun stuff we did that day. Enjoy!


No comments: