Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Trip to Kuantan- Day 3

Our 3rd day in Kuantan was also my birthday, and it was nice celebrating it while on holiday. We had breakfast at the famous Restoran Hoi Yin just outside the hotel- the curry laksa was really delicious! After that we went to a shopping mall to hang out for a bit; although there wasn't that much to see.



We had dinner at the hotel's Italian Bistro, since that was more convenient. I can't remember exactly how the food tasted, mainly because I had to wolf it down (that's always the case when we dine with the kids), although I did recall my main course was a little on the salty side. The soup, which I ordered for the kids, was actually quite nice, but it was difficult to get No.1 to eat it because it had all kinds of bits inside (which is a no-no for him).





I also received a lovely surprise from Hyatt Kuantan. What happened was this- earlier on when I was still planning this trip, my friend (who has business dealings with the hotel) put me in touch with Diana- the Marketing Communication Manager, to see if she could offer special rates for my room booking. I recall mentioning to her that I would be celebrating my birthday during my stay at the hotel. In the end, it turned out that the rates offered were the same as what I could get online, so in the end I made my booking directly with the Reservations person that she linked me up with, instead of going through her (Diana is based in KL, by the way).

And guess what- Diana actually remembered that it was my birthday- she sent me an sms wishing me happy birthday, and presented me with a yummy birthday cake, with compliments from the hotel! What a lovely touch. I was most impressed by this wonderful display of hospitality. The funny thing was nobody mentioned the huge box sitting on the table; and it was only later at dinner when everyone started asking each other- 'Did you see that big box in the room? What was that? Did you buy a cake? No, did you?' Hubby went back to the room to check, and found out that it was a cake indeed! Hilarious.

There were 3 guys seated at the next table, and they presented me with a 'gift' as well. One of them asked the kitchen for some oranges, and proceeded to perform a juggling act! He was actually really good as well, haha!

What a memorable birthday indeed! :)

No comments: