Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bangkok Trip- Day 2 (Massage & Patpong)

No.. it wasn't a massage in Patpong. Nothing quite as dodgy, haha.

We planned to go for a massage while we were in Bangkok, but the place I had in mind involved travelling to get there. In the end, we decided to just check out the massage outlets in the shopping mall across the road from our hotel, which made the whole affair far more convenient.

There were plenty to choose from, and in the end we opted for the one that looked the most decent, which was also the most expensive. Come to think of it, the price could have been rather high by Bangkok standards. 1350 baht per person for an aromatherapy massage and a foot reflexology massage; total time about 1.5 hours (if I recall correctly).


Couple room, complete with shower facilities

The massage was just so-so; not really that great. I actually had to request for MORE pressure to be applied, which is quite unusual, since my pain threshold is rather low. Haha :p

After getting a bit of rest, we headed off to Patpong to have dinner. I read about this Japanese curry place named Shin Emon, which I thought would be a hit with hubby. He likes Japanese curry, but I don't (think it's weird that curry tastes so sweet). Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised, as the curry was really quite yummy- not that sweet and with a nice peppery flavour to it.





The restaurant is very very small, it's basically one lengthy bar where the guests sit next to each other. Just open the sliding door, and the bar stools are practically in front of you. That's how tight the space is.


Nightlife in Patpong

We walked through Patpong after dinner, but it didn't really feel like much was going on, possibly because we were there quite early in the night. Our main destination was actually the Jim Thompson flagship store on Surawong street; where we ended up spending a lot of time (and money). I later found out that the outlets in the airport sell the same stuff at lower prices (no VAT), so that was a real bummer! Of course, the selection was not as varied... (this is me trying to console myself). Darn.

What an eventful Day 2 in Bangkok! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

curious - what did u buy?

cp

leymondcha said...

At Jim Thompson you mean? I love their T-shirts; they are so comfortable!