Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows: Part 1

Hubby and I managed to take an afternoon off away from the children to have a quiet lunch and catch a movie. I can't remember the last time we went to the cinema or had a proper meal, so this was a really nice break.

We had a nice buffet lunch at 'The Living Room' in The Westin Hotel, where I finally got to eat sashimi after a loooong time! It was incredibly yummy; I must have had about 7 slices or so. Should have had some more; darn. Haha :p The buffet spread wasn't really THAT spectacular, but then again, one can't really eat much for lunch...

We then made our way to catch the latest Harry Potter movie; something that I was dying to do for ages. Overall, I found the book much better than the movie; parts of the latter seemed a bit slow. Plus, the exciting bits in the book were not given enough screen time. Also, somehow those felt a whole lot more exciting in the book!

Nevertheless, I'm still looking forward to Part 2 of the movie, especially the final battle scene. That was seriously heart-stopping in the book; wonder how that will turn out in the movie.... Guess we'll find out next year!

No comments: